ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF Automated Clearing House (ACH)- BANKING TERMS FOR EXAMS

In banking, ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, which is a network that coordinates electronic payments and automated money transfers. 
ACH is a way to move money between banks without using paper checks, wire transfers, credit card networks, or cash.

The types of transfers include external funds transfers, person-to-person payments, bill payments and direct deposits from employers and government benefit programs. (Business-to-business payments are another one.) For sending money to friends and family, many transfer providers — including banks, Zelle and third-party apps like PayPal and Venmo — use the ACH network.

How the ACH Network Works





The ACH Network essentially acts as a financial hub and helps people and organizations move money from one bank account to another. ACH transactions consist of direct deposits and direct payments, including B2B transactions, government transactions, and consumer transactions.

An originator starts a direct deposit or direct payment transaction using the ACH Network. Originators can be individuals, organizations, or government bodies, and ACH transactions can be either debit or credit. The originator's bank, also known as the originating depository financial institution (ODFI), takes the ACH transaction and batches it together with other ACH transactions to be sent out at regular times throughout the day.

An ACH operator, either the Federal Reserve or a clearinghouse, receives the batch of ACH transactions from the ODFI with the originator's transaction included. The ACH operator sorts the batch and makes transactions available to the bank or financial institution of the intended recipient, also known as the receiving depository financial institution (RDFI). The recipient's bank account receives the transaction, thus reconciling both accounts and ending the process.

Delivery of ACH transfers can take several business days, meaning days that banks are open. Unlike the real-time processing of wire transfers, ACH transfers are processed by a network operator in batches only three times a day.

However, ACH transactions are not the same as debit card payments, eChecks, or wire transfers (we’ll explain why next). And while they are electronic payments, it’s important to understand that not all electronic payments are ACH payments. For example, credit and debit card payments are electronic, but that doesn’t make them ACH transactions. ACH is specific to bank account transfers.

For ACH credit transfers, banks might charge a fee of around $3 for sending money between accounts that you have at different banks, but many offer these so-called external funds transfers for free. There’s usually no fee to receive them. Here’s a look at three online banks and their transfer fees and terms:

ACH payments vs. wire transfers: A wire transfer is handled by two individual banks who work directly to verify funds and complete the transaction. If you’ve received a wire transfer in the past, you may have noticed that both the sender’s bank and your bank charged a fee for the transaction—it’s not uncommon to see charges between $10 and $35 per transaction, from both the sending and receiving bank. This reflects the extra work each bank has to do to set up the transfer. ACH transactions, on the other hand, go through the Automated Clearing House, which you can think of as a sort of electronic highway between financial institutions. Instead of two banks having to “build” their own road to move funds between each other, they can simply add them to the flow of payments already moving through the ACH “highway.” ACH batches and automates the flow of payments between financial institutions, which translates to cost savings for you!

Advantages of Automated Clearing House


  • Get paid faster with an automated payment, and without waiting for a check to clear
  • Automating bill payments to avoid late fees and missed payments
  • Making online purchases without having to use a credit card or check
  • Minimize paper records that carry sensitive banking information
  • Makes money transfers easy with minimal labour and cost
  • Allows employee payments without printing checks, stuffing envelopes or paying for postage
  • Facilitates regular customer payments without having to transport actual paper checks to the bank
  • Has lower fees than credit card payments
  • The electronic process makes vendor and supplier payments easier and faster while keeping electronic records of all transactions

Disadvantages of Automated Clearing House


  • Companies have direct access to your bank account
  • Auto payments are deducted whether or not you have the funds in your account, which can trigger overdraft fees
  • Allows other companies to have a direct link to your bank account
  • Customers can reverse their payments, although not as easily as with a credit card
  • Must monitor the transactions for fraud, as business accounts have fewer protections than consumer accounts
  • Companies may need to buy software and invest in training to process ACH payments



Comments

  1. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: Lfdsloans@outlook.com thank you.   

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM CARD ... Whats-app: +1(209)-643-1515

    I want to testify about Oscar White blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before and have no job. I saw so many testimony about how Oscar White hackers send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. ( oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com ) I email them also and they sent me the blank ATM card. I have use it to get 75,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of 4,500 USD daily. Oscar White is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM machine vault with the use of ATM programmed card which runs in automatic mode.
    Email:oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com
    Text & Call or Whats-app: +1(209)-643-1515

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact: pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp Number+1-8632310632 for loan offer,
    Mr Pedro enabled me to take advantage of an incredible opportunity to relocate and expand my business with his loan offer, at a pivotal time. The support I received from the Loan Firm Pedro working for it was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fantastic and well-written post. Its extremely good and very helpful for me.

    Automation Conveyor Systems

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you. I doubted this but decided to give it a try by contacting {professional.hacker55@yahoo.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: professional.hacker55@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Pedro ! Pedro and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Pedro is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Pedro was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Pedro and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Pedro and his loan company for any kind of loan.

    # Car loan

    # Home loan

    # Business loan

    # Personal loan


    Mr, Pedro Loan Offer

    Email- pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    WhatsApp Message: +1 863 231 0632

    ReplyDelete

  7. My name is Boris Mitchell! I'm here to testify about Mr harry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (harrybrownn59@gmail.com) Do not miss this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contatc him for all kind of hacks . Email him here via Email him here via hackintechnology@gmail.com or whatsapp Number: +1 213 295 1376.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Schwartz Software Hackers are currently recovering funds for all victims that fall into scam and fraud Hurry and contact him explain your situation to them the will help you and recover your funds in affordable charge all crypto scam recovery funds, Bitcoin scam recovery, investment scam, Mobile spy, Hacking contact them on schwartzsoftwarehackingprogram@gmail.com chat him on WhatsApp +1 704-313-9661 I just want to share the good news with people that need helps contact him immediately

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    Best Investment Consultants in Nashik

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment